Friday, September 26, 2014

You Thought We Were Only Joking!

Our Latest Adventure

"Well, this is it, Molly. We are really living the dream!"

"Who would have thought that two sisters from the south could become entertainers in the Live Music Capital of the Universe?"

"And we don't even sing or play music! Ha!"

"Not only that, we made it through our entire career without any scandals, addictions or burned bridges! Well, if I don't count your food addiction, Carter."

"OK, Molly, and I won't count your obsession with, um, well, with YOU!"

"Yes, yes, well that's all in the past now; however, I did think we looked pretty amazing riding in John & Mary's Escalade."

It was a sweet ride!

"And everyone thought we were joking when we talked about traveling the world and living up the retired life!"

"They sure loved us at the Kentucky border visitor center."

"Oh, that was the best...eating, running, playing, smelling the flowers."

"Everyone should stop and smell the flowers, Carter. If life is all about the destination then we miss the joy of the journey."

"That's deep, Molly."

"Yes, even I have deep thoughts, Carter."

"Me too. In fact, I was just thinking of how deep they piled my plate with food when we stayed at our luxury suite and had breakfast in bed. Now that was DEEP!"

"Ugh, Carter...you can remove the dog from the primitive, but you can't remove the primitive from the dog."

"Uhhh...that's deep too. Let's finish this up. I really need to take a trip to the grass if you know what I mean."

There's lots of grass in Kentucky!

"Yes, and I'm sure they are overjoyed to know you'll be making good use of it."

"Hey, we've already met Marvin the goat, Charlie the Schnauzer, and Ella the Tennessee Walker Horse - not to mention the 3 other Labs here."

"And your point?"

"They were already making good use of the grass before I ever showed up."

Someone's gotta fertilize the soil.

"OK, OK, Carter. Enough with the toilet talk."

"Who said anything about a toilet?"

"Never mind!"

"OK, Molly, whatever you say, but I think your age might be showing. I never even said the word toilet."

"Carter!"

"Sorry."

"Now let's get back to the sweet things I was talking about before, like smelling the flowers and enjoying life with our family."

...and with our new friends!

"Yes, and that brings me to my favorite part of this adventure..."

Being reunited with Matt?

"No."

Meeting Marvin?

"No."

Hanging with the girls?

"No."

"What was your favorite part of this adventure then?"

"When we grilled steaks outside and slept on the couch! Pure paradise!"

"You are a hopeless case, Carter!"

"No, I'm just a real dog living a dog's life!"

Stay tuned to hear more about our Kentucky adventures this fall y'all!

Love,
     Molly & Carter

No comments:

Post a Comment