Wednesday, November 28, 2012

The Best Gift

“Wow Molly, I’m still having dreams about our grand entrance during our birthday celebration - our crowns on, our heads held high, and “Who Let the Dogs Out” blaring into the noon day sun! Now I know how Jack felt when he shouted, ‘I’m the king of the world!’ except we are queens!” 

"I'm the queen of the world!"

“And don’t forget the cake! And the balloons! And the card!” Carter continued.

Thank you for your wonderful birthday wishes!

“And the children,” Molly interrupted “And all of our friends! And Princess Carina taking our birthday wishes, and holding them close to her heart! Oh Carter, they are sure to come true!"
“Well I was wishing for a piece of that cake! I don’t know what happened to it! The last I saw it they were taking it to the galley to our crew….

The Vanishing Cake
 I wonder if there is still a piece left for us…” Carter’s voice trailed off as she licked her lips, thinking of that sweet frosting.

Mmmmm...frosting...
“Carter, we don’t have time to think of that! Besides, we always get lots of treats, and I’m sure we’ll get some goodies in our Christmas stockings!”
“Christmas?”
“Yes. Christmas! I love this time of year! Christmas is the day of the year when we get lots and lots of presents! I want a new tiara, and I want that beautiful blue sweater with all of the jewels on it! I also want a big, big bone to chew on, and…Carter? What’s the matter?”
“Well, I thought it was more blessed to give than to receive and I was thinking, well, we won’t be ‘more blessed’ if we’re not giving anything.”
Molly paused for a moment, then her ears perked up, her eyes widened and she leapt into the air. “I know what we’ll do! Let’s go shopping at Titanic and we’ll surprise our crew with gifts! Titanic gifts! We’ll give them on the 1st 12 days of December – it will be called, ‘The 12 Days of Christmas!’”
“Are we making a movie?”
“Ok, I have a flare for the dramatic – but don’t you think that is an awe-inspiring idea!?”
“It’s a beautiful idea Molly. I think we should take turns blogging about it too! That way we can share the joy with all of our friends and family!”
“Carter, I never thought I would say it, but you are brilliant.”
“Brilliant?”
“It means you are very smart. Maybe you can help me get started on this blog. We have a lot of work to do to get ready!”

These keyboards could be more paw-friendly!


Stay tuned for Molly & Carter’s “12 Days of Christmas” beginning December 1st, 2012!


To see the Titanic Dogs web page Click Here
To join Molly & Carter on Facebook Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment