Friday, August 2, 2013

Wallace Hartley and the Disappearing Violin

When the Music Stopped, the Legend Began

"Molly, so many visitors have come in the last few days to see one of the most important Titanic artifacts ever discovered - Wallace Hartley's violin!" 

"I know, Carter. Everyone from the press was here yesterday: newspapers, TV stations, radio personalities! What an exciting day!"

"Well, it is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for Titanic fans to become a part of history."

"Who do you think will win it at auction when it leaves here?"

"I think...WE WILL!"

"WHAT!? Do you know how much it would cost? It's priceless!"

"Don't worry, Molly, I have a plan."

We will come in disguise under dark of night...
"Is that your disguise - because all of the fur, the ears, the nose - everything NOT HIDDEN will give you away! You didn't even cover your freckle!"

"Yes, but it will be night time so nobody will see me!"

"You'll still need a better disguise!"

"OK - how is this?"

"Better. Not great, but better. And what do you plan to do?"

"I will sneak into the auction house and carefully remove the violin and its case. Then I will fly it home and we will display it at the Titanic Museum Attraction FOREVER!!!"

"So let me get this straight...you are going to sneak it out of the country and then publicly display it here at the Titanic Museum Attraction... and you think nobody will notice where the violin went?"

"Well, I didn't get that far in the plan. I was hoping you would help me with the ending."

"The ending to this is you, me, your Zorro mask, and your cute bandanna in the county jail!"

Yikes! That ending isn't very good!

"No, Carter. That's why, as your sister, I can't let you do this."

"But, but..."

"Carter..."

"But, how will the world ever see it again!!! What if the buyer keeps it under lock and key!"

"Well, that is the very reason this is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity! And you have witnessed it! Consider yourself lucky."

"Well, every serious Titanic fan & history buff needs to come and be a part of it too!"

"You're right!"

We invite all of those that have not yet seen this iconic piece of Titanic history in person to visit us in the next 12 days! Don't miss it!

(...or Carter & I could end up in jail!)

We'll be right here to greet you,

Molly & Carter

Click Here to learn more about this Titanic exhibit, exclusive to Titanic Museum Attraction!

No comments:

Post a Comment