Monday, July 15, 2013

Farewell from Officer Sean...

From Left to Right: Molly, Sean, Carter

Saying Good-Bye,

Wow. I can honestly say this has been difficult for me to put into words. How does someone begin to say good bye? I know they may only be dogs to some people, but to us here at the Titanic, they're a lot more than that. To us, they're crew members. They work hard, play hard, and greet passengers just like we do.

I can't remember what we used to do before Molly & Carter showed up. I know we used to have an empty office representing what Thomas Andrews would have used, but it's hard to believe just how empty our lives were before they arrived. As of right now, I can't imagine them not being here every day.

It's a strange time when that kennel is empty. It feels like something is missing. And that's what it will be like, day after day when they "Semi-Retire." It will feel like part of our crew is missing.

I'll miss a lot of things about Molly & Carter, mostly their tricks and the way they get excited when they see crew members they recognize. But most of all, I think I'll miss the way they patiently wait for ice and how excited they get when it finally arrives. That's one of my favorite things about them. 

Farewell Molly & Carter! Thank you for teaching the world about ten dogs that now, thanks to you, will never be forgotten.

With Love,

Officer Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment